By Qi Ng
Nike slogan says it best: "Just do it."
How many times have you look at someone's life and say Oh wow! I envy her. Her life seems to be so perfect? Instead of feeling envy or even jealous of her, why not you create your own desired life?
Many a times we have been taught not to day dream. That will not happen to me. I am not good enough, blah blah blah... Reasons to "justify" why we can't be that person. Have you ever thought of asking a better question?
The better question to ask is: If she has the kind of life I desire, what can I do to achieve the same or even better? What is one action that I can do today?
Personally, I have been in that position of yearning for more. Sometimes I see my friends' Facebook post and I will say to myself: "Wow, I'm so envious of her. She is travelling again, her business is so successful, etc.." It has come to a point that I need to stop being envious of her. I need to thank her for showing me this is possible for me too. I need to do something different to manifest what I desire. Hence, my quest began. I have learnt from reading and learning from my mentors. It has worked for me and I am certain this can work for you too.
Here are the 7 steps:
1) Desires. Be clear on your desires. What does a desired life means to you? What do you desire to do? Who are you hanging out with? Don't just think about it, Write it down so that you can always refer back and it helps you to gain clarity. "Clarity brings power" - Tony Robbins.
2) Intention. Set the intention that you are going to make your desired life come true as a non-negotiable. When it becomes your non-negotiable, you will start to find ways to make this happen.
3) Visualise. Once you set your intention, visualize it with positive emotions. I've learnt from Dr Joe Vitale on this term: nevillization. This quote from Neville Goddard: “If there is something tonight that you really want in this world, then experience in imagination what you would experience in the flesh were you to realize your goal, and then deafen your ears, and blind your eyes to all that denies the reality of your assumption.” – Neville, 1948
4) Believe. Having the faith and believe this can be achieved. Ask the universe (god, source, higher power, guardian angels - whichever term resonates with you) for the inspired action. It is stated in the bible: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
5) Action. Once you have your answer, take the inspired action into massive action. Voila, sooner than you think, you have manifest and having your desire come true.
So what if you have already done all of the above and your dream is still somewhere out there waiting? Seek your inner truth. Is that desire really, really what you want or is that your mum's desire for you? or your dad's desire for you? Get the picture? It is mentioned in Chapter 2 of "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill - A BURNING DESIRE TO BE AND TO DO, is the starting point from which the dreamer must take off. Dreams are not born of indifference, laziness, or lack of ambition.
6) Responsibility. Take 100% responsibility for your life. This is the first principle in "The Success Principles: How to get from where you are to where you want to be" by Jack Canfield. Once we start taking responsibility, we stop playing victim to ourselves and this gives us more energy to bring our desire into reality.
7) Celebrate. Last but not least, celebrate each desire that came true. Always ask within, how do you want to celebrate your success.
Yes, I have stepped up to live my desires to reality. Are you ready?
In Mar 2015, Qi Ng discovered her calling to be a coach; to help ladies achieve their desires. Qi is a certified law of attraction advance practitioner as well as a certified NLP practitioner. If you are committed to bringing your desire into reality, you are welcome to join our newly created Facebook group Desire to Reality.
Photo Credit: Stokpic