I'm an Instagram addict.
I'm that person that needs to snap a photo of breakfast before I allow anyone to touch their food. I check my Instagram feed first thing in the morning and the last thing before I go to bed. I use it for business and blogging. To connect and escape. Yes, it's a sick (and probably unhealthy) addiction but I love the visual feast that I get to consume everyday and the amazing people I've met - and it seems I'm not the only one.
There are over 1.5 million Instagram users in Australia and as more and more bloggers and brands hop on the Instagram bandwagon, this platform is only going to continue to grow and evolve. Changes are already happening - have you noticed? Go on and take a look at the 'Explore' tab and you'll notice that the selection of images is no longer random but instead carefully curated to reflect your habits and preferences. With Facebook pulling the strings behind the scenes I expect to see a lot more changes like this in the coming months including the introduction of advertising and sponsored posts that are launching this year here in Australia.
With all this change in the air, it's more important than ever to make sure your images stand out and stay true to your brand. I couldn't think of a better time to share my Top 5 Instagram Apps For Business or bloggers. These apps will absolutely change your snap happy moments for the better...
- Snapseed - My absolute favourite photo editing tool. I don't post a photo before I clean it up in this app first, it's amazing and easy to use.
- WordSwag: Hands down the best typography & text overlay program I've found - thanks The Daily Guru for the heads up!
- VSCO - I'm pretty sure I fell hook line and sinker for VSCO after checking out their gorgeous website and tagline, 'let's build something beautiful together'. I mean any app that can produce such stunning images and encourages users to create with reckless abandon all for the love of craft and community is okay in my book. Trust me your photos will never look the same.
- Little Moments by Fat Mum Slim - A true testament to the power of blogging, this brand new app from blogger Chantelle Ellem is a dual photo editor and A Photo A Day companion. Brilliant.
- Iconosquare - This app is an absolute must if your brand is on Instagram. Easy to digest analytics and at a glance monitoring makes this metrics app one of my go to blog biz tools.
Want to meet other Instagrammers? We're teaming up with Williams-Sonoma and Little Paper Lane on 23 July to host our Christmas In July Instameet. RSVP now!